The Chamber of Commerce is now conducting the annual membership drive. We hope to see the past memberships renewed and invite new businesses and individuals to join. The Canajoharie-Palatine Bridge Chamber promotes and fosters business in the two villages. Each member helps strengthen our communities and our local economy by supporting projects that foster community pride and raise awareness of what can be accomplished when we work together for the betterment of our community.
The Chamber of Commerce is proud of the 2014 projects:
- New brackets created by Frank Snyder for the hanging basket project on the White Bridge
- Annual flowers that enhance the lampposts in the village
- New flags on the Mohawk River Bridge
- Support both financially and with volunteers the Erie Canal Bicycle Tour that brought over 600 people from 30 states and 5 countries
- Provide electrical hook-ups for the waterfront that encourages boaters to spend time locally and shop and dine here
- Sponsored Elves’ Night Out on the first Friday in December that included the payment for the horse and carriage rides and Santa
- Contributed monetarily to several local organizations including, Music on Main Street, Upstate Chapel, Canajoharie High School Music Department, the Youth Center and the summer reading program at the Canajoharie Library
- Contribution to Palatine Bridge new lamppost holiday decorations
- Payment to our webmaster for web updates, website hosting and email blasts
The Chamber of Commerce is anticipating the 2015 goals to be essentially the above causes that have fostered pride in the community.
- We plan to continue the village beautification efforts
- We look forward to working with other civic organizations for the betterment of the community
This summary reflects our behind the scenes efforts. New ideas are always appreciated.