Meeting Minutes

Call to order: Meeting called to order at 6 PM by President Janet Stanley

Minutes:  Minutes from March 2019 meeting reviewed, no changes. Motion to accept made by Janine Nelson and seconded by Dolores Jacksland.

Treasurer’s Report: Balance: $12762.27

Correspondence: No correspondence.

Old Business:

Memberships have been slow to come in. Follow up phone calls are needed. Dolores offered to make calls and stop in to businesses.

Reminder the bike tour is 7/12/19. The chamber has been asked to sponsor the music for the chicken barbecue. If anyone has any music suggestions please let Janet Stanley know. Volunteers are needed on the evening of 7/12/19.

New Business:

Sheryl Neal shared that there will be a mohawk valley photo contest, she encouraged people to submit and be involved with this event.

The tourist booth needs cleaning several people agreed to go down and spruce things up.

Everyone was reminded the village wide garage sales are 5/31-6/2 perhaps sometime a map could be made to promote this.

Membership: Membership letters have gone out. We hope everyone will renew, remember you can complete your membership on line on our website.

Fundraising:  Suggestion was made to have a cemetery tour which with include the Stone arabia church, Dolores Jacksland and Sheryl Neal agreed to look into this

Other:  Jeff Baker the new mayor attended the meeting to share updates on the village and Beech Nut. The mayor is looking forward to working with the chamber to help promote our village and encourages everyone to join the group, there are strength in numbers. Matt Ossenfort will be visiting to check on the progress of Beech Nut demolition. Cornell students have been working on presentations on suggestions for the Beech Nut area and how this could be used.

The mayor shared the importance of the local villages to work together, he will be meeting with the other mayors to look at ways they can share resources. The mayor is looking at some possible signage as you enter the village for the Chamber to use, to help promote upcoming activities and events that are held here. He also shared that the fire department is hoping to eventually put up an electronic sign in place of the current yellow sign down on the NBT lawn. We really appreciate the mayor taking time out of his busy schedule to update us.

Meetings: Meetings to be held on the 2nd Tuesday of each month. Next Chamber meeting 6/11/19 at Arkell Center at 6 PM.

Motion: Motion to adjourn Sue Barker, Harry Barse

Respectfully Submitted by:    Kim Lawrence, Secretary