May 9, 2017
Call to order:
Meeting called to order at 6 PM by President Phyllis Lapi. 13 in attendance
Previous minutes distributed by secretary. Motion to approve made by Carl Marucci and seconded by Sheryl Neal.
No treasurer’s report at this time
Family day at Arkell Library and museum, chamber was represented by Phyllis Lapi and Sheryl Neal, very nice event.
Membership letters have gone out. Approximately 25 memberships have been received. A reminder will go out, membership form can be found on the website.
Events and fundraisers:
$325.00 donation received from the Tioli BBQ dinner.
House and garden tour scheduled for 6/24/17 10-2, tickets to be sold at the Canajoharie information booth.
May Day was a success despite the weather.
Brochure is still being worked on.
Farmer’s Market grand opening is 6/11/17
Palatine Bridge’s 150th Anniversary community event will be 6/17/17 featuring chicken barbecue, live music, car show and many other fun events.
Marketing Seminar presented by CMK marketing’s CEO Liza Viana.
Here are a few highlights:
- Most local people know about you, important to target tourists or people passing through
- This can be done by having a good website and through social media such as Face book
- Face book ads are relatively inexpensive and can boost your page.
- Web pages can be done yourself through sites such as word press.
- Make sure your web page is clear and concise, has your contact information, include personal messages, spread out your services on each page.
- Promote local attractions, remember we are close to Cooperstown and Sharon Springs.
- Have people give testimonials or reviews about your business.
Questions contact Liza Viana, at CMK Marketing 883-1099
Meetings to be held on the 2nd Tuesday of each month. Next Chamber meeting 6/13/17 PM at Arkell Center at 6 PM.
Respectfully Submitted by:
Kim Lawrence, Secretary